cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to bind a nested infotable in a grid to another grid

Willie
16-Pearl

How to bind a nested infotable in a grid to another grid

I have a two grids (Grid A and Grid B).

Grid A has multiple fields, one of them is a field with basetype infotable.

When a row from Grid A is selected, I want the infotable field of the selected row to display in Grid B.

In the mashup,

1.  I have bound the infotable as an input data for the service for Grid B by selecting Selected Row under the service for Grid A in the service for Grid B. 

2.  I have also set the Event Trigger by selecting SelectedRowsChanged under the service for Grid A in the service for Grid B.

3.  I have bound the output All Data from the service for Grid B to Grid B.

The nested infotable in Grid A is a Thing with properties which holds the infotable values. 

I see the infotable field displayed as [object Object] in Grid A. 

When a row is selected in Grid A, I see a row display in Grid B with blank fields even though the Thing has set values.

As previously mentioned, the data shape of the infotable in Grid A consists of strings, and an infotable.  Should the nested infotable be referenced as a Thing instead of an infotable?

How can I get this to work?

3 REPLIES 3

although in first grid for infotable column i see [object Object] but i select that particular row i am able to see data in second grid( the nested infotable)

there is no need to map the infotable input from service from first grid to service in second grid.

from the service going to grid A -- navigate to Selected Rows - expand that to find that infotable and directly drag that to Grid B

//////////////////// steps below which are done by me

first created a new DataShape(datashape1) with fields

id //string

name // string

Addresses //infotable

while making addresses as infotable it again ask for datashape

then i created another datashape(datashape2) for addresses infotable field

fields in this second datashape are

id // string

add1 // string

add2// string

after creation of datashapes i created 1 datatable having datashape as datashape1 (defined above)

added the data to this datatable using adddatatableentries service(provided data to nested infotable through that same window)

now i created a mashup- took a layout with 2 colums

placed one grid in left column and second grid in right column

from right side selected that datatable -- use getdatatableentries services to load the data to grid one(left side) on mashup load

further from selected row -- i see that addresses infotable field & draged it to second grid. no need to pass input to any services

screenshots showing the mappings and results are attached

@Willie : if the provided response had cleared the issue then please mark that response as solution 

even this will be beneficial for others user as well

Thanks

I'm checking with our architect who was assigned to us by PTC since it deviates from our data model.

Top Tags