cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to bind data on infotable

einsfele
13-Aquamarine

How to bind data on infotable

Hi all,

I am beginner to use chart and I am having difficult to create data to it.

I get data from my PLC through of Industrial Connectivity.

To start my experience I am following this guide. 

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/display-data-charts/ddc-introduction

I have ever created a value stream, data shape and thing like the example showed.

But in the guide the information into the infotable are put manually. Image below.

Capturar.JPG

I have a thing with my data from PLC but I do not able to insert this data into of infotable. Is there any way to do it?

Regards,

Leonardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leonardo,

Your last screenshot explains why you don't get any values.

You need to mark some of those properties as Logged (edit property and select "Logged" checkbox), then their values will be saved in the Value Stream each time they change. After that you will be able to get the list of historical values via one of the Query...PropertyHistory services (there are few of them, quite self-explanatory). This way you won't need to create your own Infotables and will just call some of those services directly from your mashup, binding their results to your grids and charts. 

Of course, if you want to do some calculations based on those historical values before displaying them in your mashup (calculate some averages, enrich your data with some external values, etc.) then you'll need to create a service, which will still call some of those Query...History, and then work on the returned data and then return it as another Infotable. But as the first step I would recommend you to do this simple and straightforward sequence with executing Query...History service directly from your mashup. I hope it makes sense in your case.

More details (with useful links!) about Value Streams are in ThingWorx Help: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FDataStorage%2FValueStreams%2FValueStreams.html

/ Constantine

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Leonardo,

Do you see the history of your values when you execute service QueryPropertyHistory on the thing that receives data from PLC, to which you bound your ValueStream?

Regards,
Constantine

einsfele
13-Aquamarine
(To:Constantine)

Hi @Constantine 

I did not receive any data when I execute this service

nodata.JPG

Follow image of my config thing

general.JPGthing.JPG

Leonardo,

Your last screenshot explains why you don't get any values.

You need to mark some of those properties as Logged (edit property and select "Logged" checkbox), then their values will be saved in the Value Stream each time they change. After that you will be able to get the list of historical values via one of the Query...PropertyHistory services (there are few of them, quite self-explanatory). This way you won't need to create your own Infotables and will just call some of those services directly from your mashup, binding their results to your grids and charts. 

Of course, if you want to do some calculations based on those historical values before displaying them in your mashup (calculate some averages, enrich your data with some external values, etc.) then you'll need to create a service, which will still call some of those Query...History, and then work on the returned data and then return it as another Infotable. But as the first step I would recommend you to do this simple and straightforward sequence with executing Query...History service directly from your mashup. I hope it makes sense in your case.

More details (with useful links!) about Value Streams are in ThingWorx Help: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FDataStorage%2FValueStreams%2FValueStreams.html

/ Constantine

I've just looked at the tutorial you've been following, and that looks exactly like what they do here:

2019-10-18 21_13_01-How to Display Data in Charts _ Developer Portal _ ThingWorx.png

einsfele
13-Aquamarine
(To:Constantine)

Thank you @Constantine 

Your answer helped me a lot.

Other question:

Am I using the data selectors to choose the data range, but how do I create a button to confirm my rank as the "execute" that there is in the services?

exec.JPG

@einsfele, I'm glad it helped.

For your second question, just create a button in your Mashup and bind its Clicked event with the service in the data sources part of the Mashup Builder (top-right corner).

I advise you to go through more of those tutorials, they cover exactly those kind of things.

/ Constantine

Top Tags