cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to bind infotable to tree widget in thingworx

SM_10230689
10-Marble

How to bind infotable to tree widget in thingworx

I want to create a hierarchy structure, i have all the data in infotable,  is it possible to bind an infotable to tree widget in ThingWorx. Which services we need to user for this activity.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, yes! The structure of the InfoTable needs to be so that each node (which will be a row in the InfoTable), has its parent node in a second column. The Tree Widget will build it out of that.

For example:

nodeNameparentNode
World 
EuropeWorld
GermanyEurope
MunichGermany
SwitzerlandEurope
North AmericaWorld
USANorth America

You can drag the InfoTable output from any service that returns the InfoTable to the Tree Widget, then you need to select the columns for the Node and Parent, and specify what the top level node is (in my example, it is "World").  The names of the columns can be whatever you need them to be.

eliotlandrum_0-1657567843890.png

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello, yes! The structure of the InfoTable needs to be so that each node (which will be a row in the InfoTable), has its parent node in a second column. The Tree Widget will build it out of that.

For example:

nodeNameparentNode
World 
EuropeWorld
GermanyEurope
MunichGermany
SwitzerlandEurope
North AmericaWorld
USANorth America

You can drag the InfoTable output from any service that returns the InfoTable to the Tree Widget, then you need to select the columns for the Node and Parent, and specify what the top level node is (in my example, it is "World").  The names of the columns can be whatever you need them to be.

eliotlandrum_0-1657567843890.png

Hope that helps!

Top Tags