cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to change a property value according to single user

fmanniti
9-Granite

How to change a property value according to single user

Sorry, the question is not very clear:

In my TW i have multiple user, let's say I have User A and User B and they both can access at the same mashup but each one sees his own things.

Now, in my mashup I have two overlayed panels (Panel1 and Panel2) which are visible according to a helper thing which has two properties: "viewPan1" and "viewPan2".

Obvioulsy viewPan1 = !viewPan2 and I have a button on my mashup which toggles them.

A user may chose if see Panel1 or Panel2 but the problem is that, if UserA set viewPan1=true, when UserB will open the mashup he will be foreced to see Panel1 too even if he wants to see Panel2.

Is it clear?

So, in few words: is it possible that a certain property has different values according to the logged user?

5 REPLIES 5

Add "User Settings properties", you can customize properties on user profile, or you can create a DataTable with the preferences for each user.

What is "User setting properties"?
A service?
Or, maybe, you mean the user extensions?

Yes user extensions, you just add properties to "UserExtensions" shape and it will appear on each user.

Good, by this way, I wanted to ask one thing:

All the user property are into the thingshape UserExtensions. Is it possible to put all those "new" properties into a brand new Thingshape created ad hoc?

If you want Session only properties, you can go with Subsystems > UserManagementSubsystem > Configuration and add a ThingShape to "User session shape settings", it will only apply the properties defined on the given ThingShape

Top Tags