cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to configure timer thing for monitoring changes on FileRepository?

and1
12-Amethyst

How to configure timer thing for monitoring changes on FileRepository?

What is the best way for configure timer which will check changes(like adding/updating/removing file) in my file repository and get info about created/updated/removed file(like name, date of changing etc.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:and1)

There are a few ways to approach this.

1. There is a FileTransfer event, you can subscribe to that, this works when the Copy command is used.

2. There is a REST API (all thingworx content is automatically available as rest), so if you are making changes etc. You could chain a rest call to then execute processing of said changes.

3. A Timer, not too sure what exactly you are looking for, but if you use a timer, then you will need to go to the necessary repositories, retrieve the content details and somehow determine new, old, changed, removed etc. I don't think you will find a trail anywhere unless you create it yourself (store snapshots in a DataTable potentially)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There are a few ways to approach this.

1. There is a FileTransfer event, you can subscribe to that, this works when the Copy command is used.

2. There is a REST API (all thingworx content is automatically available as rest), so if you are making changes etc. You could chain a rest call to then execute processing of said changes.

3. A Timer, not too sure what exactly you are looking for, but if you use a timer, then you will need to go to the necessary repositories, retrieve the content details and somehow determine new, old, changed, removed etc. I don't think you will find a trail anywhere unless you create it yourself (store snapshots in a DataTable potentially)

and1
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Actually FileTransfer event not triggered every time when we upload files, so I choose the solution, when we monitoring directories using timer and FileRepository services

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Right, that means you will have to do a bit of extra work.

Again you could consider the REST API call to trigger the necessary services if you have that ability from the places you are sending the files from.

Top Tags