cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to create services in thingworx

Rayon_11
10-Marble

How to create services in thingworx

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt I am attaching file for detailed understanding 

I want to use pie chart and in that I want to configure it a way so that whenever I select any section of that pie chart It should render to the source it may be another pie chart or may be a grid data associated with that particular section similarly other section as well Now for that please tell us how can I proceed please also write the service as well for the data I have given it in the attached Image.

Regards,

Rayon.

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Rayon_11)

This looks like something that would trigger based on SelectedRow/SelectedRow changed on the Data source?

(I don't know if the current Pie chart has added inherent events nowadays)

@Rayon_11 ,

I took a look at your question. I put together an Example which does some of the issues you describe. The example was built in ThingWorx 9.4.0

The example has an infotable of raw data(Thing:Community-DropDown-Grid-V3-Thing). When you click on a pie chart segment an InfoTable is generated and used as input to a service. The InfoTable columns:

The above infotable is the output from the piechart widget. This information then becomes the input to a service which generates data for the pie chart.

The mashup Community-PieChart-Mashup:

When loaded the data displayed is Country. You can use the dropdowns to select smaller groups (country, State, County,city)

If you click on the segments the data is reloaded one level down.
The dropdown and clicking on segments do not interact.
This example uses data which has been designed to not display limits in the service. This is an example not a solution.

Regards
pehowe

PEHOWE
16-Pearl
(To:PEHOWE)

@Rayon_11 

Here is the example

Yedukrishnan
13-Aquamarine
(To:Rayon_11)

Hi @Rayon_11 ,

Whenever you select a portion in the pie chart, the particular row in the infotable result is selected. You can pass the selected rows values to the 2nd chart which could be another mashup/different section in the same mashup. Similarly, you can pass the values to the 3rd mashup also. Please check.

With regards

Yedukrishnan

@Rayon_11 ,

As @Yedukrishnan , described If you look at the bindings from the example. The SeriesClicked and SelectedData are passed to a service. This service then pass the updated information back to the original chart. If you want different behavior, you need to redirect the binding to another service which provides data to the new  pie chart or as inputs to a mashup.

Top Tags