cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to delete NON editable users / undefined users via service ?

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

How to delete NON editable users / undefined users via service ?

Hi, 

I was working on user creation script. few users has been created by non editable mode. I am able to see those users via GetAllEntities() not in composer,

Also, i found a way to see users in composer by creating one service to add users in particular usergroup after adding them I am able to see added(non editable) users in that usergroup.

In Usergroup if i click and delete user nothing happens,if I try to change property I get you can't delete non editable users.

Now I added 10+ undefined users in that group. Now, I need to remove the users from my instance.. I tried via deleteuser service but users are not deleted and still I am able to see them via GetAllEntities()...

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sabharees)

Hi @sabharees.

It sounds like something is missing from your script used for creating the users.  Can you provide that so we can take a better look?  Also, what version of ThingWorx are you running?

Have you checked the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs for clues?

Regards.

--Sharon

sabharees
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Hi,

I am using .. ThingWorx 8.5.4,

yes, as you said I missed fieldvalues at the execution of the service but later I figured the cause of issue and corrected my code. Now, user creation is working fine but I am not able to delete previously created users(non editable).

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sabharees.

Have you tried running an update script to populate the missing fields, and then deleting it? 

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sabharees.

Have you made any progress in resolving your issue?  If so, please share the details of your solution with the community.  If you're still working to resolve it, I recommend we open a case.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley , Thanks for your response. But currently, I am working on other tasks So I've not made much progress on this. 

Top Tags