cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to display my speed at every moment in the form of a line chart?

Fusanmu
5-Regular Member

How to display my speed at every moment in the form of a line chart?

My current plan is to use the line chart form in the label chart.But there is a problem that the data in the chart accumulates more and more, and it is impossible to observe normally. I want to know if there is a good solution.

aaa.png

As shown in the figure, all the data points are densely packed together.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I understand the question correctly, you have lots of data and looking for a way to output it in a meaningful / comprehensible way to a chart?

This more an analytical / business-oriented problem, than a technical. Even if you could output the data on a big screen with infinite resolution so the points were not packed densely and humans could see all the points, one wouldn't be able to comprehend the data and make conclusions / decisions from it.

There are several approaches to this, as I see it...

1) Just output data for a smaller timeframe, so there are not so many points. Meh... Not a solution actually, but still makes sense in some cases.

2) Aggregate data in a some way

- output avg of some group number of points, e.g. avg of hourly / daily / weekly etc, so there will be 1 point on the graph for each N in the data

- kind of same, but output 3 graphs - avg / max / min of hourly / daily / weekly 

3) Use boxplot with whiskers for hourly / daily / weekly data

On the graph below instead of outputting N points for every given day, a boxplot is used and shows one aggregated bix with min/max/median/0.25/0.75 percentiles

5NIgn_.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If I understand the question correctly, you have lots of data and looking for a way to output it in a meaningful / comprehensible way to a chart?

This more an analytical / business-oriented problem, than a technical. Even if you could output the data on a big screen with infinite resolution so the points were not packed densely and humans could see all the points, one wouldn't be able to comprehend the data and make conclusions / decisions from it.

There are several approaches to this, as I see it...

1) Just output data for a smaller timeframe, so there are not so many points. Meh... Not a solution actually, but still makes sense in some cases.

2) Aggregate data in a some way

- output avg of some group number of points, e.g. avg of hourly / daily / weekly etc, so there will be 1 point on the graph for each N in the data

- kind of same, but output 3 graphs - avg / max / min of hourly / daily / weekly 

3) Use boxplot with whiskers for hourly / daily / weekly data

On the graph below instead of outputting N points for every given day, a boxplot is used and shows one aggregated bix with min/max/median/0.25/0.75 percentiles

5NIgn_.jpg

Top Tags