cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to do Version Management Control in Thingworx Application

sarathi
12-Amethyst

How to do Version Management Control in Thingworx Application

How to do version Management Control In Thingworx application, is There any Refrence Document Is available,  I can able to export and Import Entities But Import Function Overwrite Existing One....Is there any way to do proper Version management Control...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sarathi)

In the market place there is a Git extension that can help you with exchanging content between GIT and Thingworx

Thingworx allows for export of all its entities as individual files (export for source control) which you can then maintain in your source control system.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgrodowski
13-Aquamarine

Hello,

I haven't worked much with version control combined with Thingworx yet.

One way I could think of would be to export any major change, then use a third party tool like git to commit the changes to a repository. This will require some labor but could be further automated using scripts.

There might be a better way but this is the first I could come up with.

Regards,

Pascal

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

In the market place there is a Git extension that can help you with exchanging content between GIT and Thingworx

Thingworx allows for export of all its entities as individual files (export for source control) which you can then maintain in your source control system.

Top Tags