cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to get distinct rows of a grid(data table)

mnalla
7-Bedrock

How to get distinct rows of a grid(data table)

Hi Everyone,

I have two grids namely products data and projects data

If I click product one in one grid, it should show projects under this product in another grid.

how to approach this.

I have created a common key for this I am trying to access it. but i am not successful in this way.

Could anyone suggest me with the service code for it.

Regards,

nalla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
liliu
8-Gravel
(To:mnalla)

Hi Madhu,

The binding is like this. First Grid is GetDataTableEntities and the second Grid is QueryDataTableEntities.

QueryDataTableEntities has parameters, bind the GetDataTableEntities's selected rows column to QueryDataTableEntities parameters.

The run tiem grid looks like this:

Should you have any concern, please let me know.

BR,

Lily

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

The binding is like this. First Grid is GetDataTableEntities and the second Grid is QueryDataTableEntities.

QueryDataTableEntities has parameters, bind the GetDataTableEntities's selected rows column to QueryDataTableEntities parameters.

The run tiem grid looks like this:

Should you have any concern, please let me know.

BR,

Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock
(To:liliu)

Hi Li,

ThankYou for the response. While giving connection from key to values.Users. what is the relation between this. (key to values.Users). I have tried key to my fields like name and  IssueKey but It did not show any result in the another grid.

And one more thing I would need to manipulate thousands of rows, is it going to work?  Any another methods are available, Please let me know.

Regards,

Madhu

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

The key-> values.Users is something like primary key-> foreign key. It can work for thousands rows but the performance may not good.

How about you attach you mashup here and I will check what's the wrong configuration in your mashup?

Best Regards,

Lily

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

Did you bind GetDataTableEntities's  SelectedRowsChanged event to QueryDataTableEntities?

BR,

Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock

Hi Li,

ThankYou,

I am able to view the selected product projects. I tried it again.

Regards,

madhu

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

I am very glad that I can help. If any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock

Hi Lily,

I have a thing with a service of queryIssue. I want to display all of the issues with out requesting. Is it possible to view all these issues. The service is having input as id and output as infotable.

Regards,

Madhu

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

Is queryIssue servcice a customized service? Where do you store these issues records? (DB or DataTable or an thing's property)

We can view all these issue records with customized serivce. I need to know our customized code. Please give use the screenshot of our code or attach your entities on this thread.

BR,

Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock

Hi Lily,

It is a in built service from a connector. These records stored in DB. I am sending the connection details. Do we need to write customized service for displaying issues in a grid. Though It is displaying single issue details if i give the input(Jql) but I would like to display whole issues.

Regards,

madhu

query.PNG

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

As I checked, JiraConnectorThing is not a built in Thing. So the service QueryIssues should be editable.

We can query out all issue records as long as JiraConnectorThing can access to DB.

What you need to do is opening the JiraConnectorThing service and finding out QueryIssues service. Check the code in QueryIssue. JiraConnectorThing's service QueryIssues may inherited from a ThingTemplate or ThingShape, if so, please check the service in associated ThingTemplate/ThingShape.

If you get to code, please attach to this thread.

Best Regards,

Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock

Hi Lily,

the code is written in java not in JS so it is not possible to share the code. QueryIssue service is inherited from Thingtemplate which is written in java

Regards,

Madhu

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Madhu,

I'd like to have a remote meeting with you and access your computer to check this issue. Is that possible?

If you can have a remote meeting with me, please let me know where are you located and when will you be available tomorrow. And I will send the meeting link to you.

Best Regards,

Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock

Hi Lily,

Yes, we can have a remote meeting. May be it is possible. My location is Bangalore, India.

Regards,

Madhu

Top Tags