cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to identify the target of a click event?

beleester
3-Visitor

How to identify the target of a click event?

I'm working on a Mashup where the user has a choice of three items (Previous, Current, and Next Order).  When the user clicks on the name of the item, the rest of the mashup should get filled in with the details of that item.

What I'm trying to do is: when the user clicks an item, the item's ID gets passed to a service, which returns the details for that item, and then I bind those details to the different UI elements.  But it seems like there's no way to identify the "clicked item" from the event - the Clicked event doesn't pass any parameters with it, and there's no way to change which item is bound to the service's input parameter based on which item they clicked.

How can I tie those two things together, so that when the user clicks an item, it both triggers an event and allows me to bind to the item that got clicked?

4 REPLIES 4

You should look at Selected Row(s) ( on the right side of the mashup )

A Value Display doesn't have a "Selected Rows" option.  All it has is the "Clicked" event.

I did manage to make it work by putting my options into a List, which does have the Selected Rows option, but that's really ugly from a UI perspective.  It's not a list, it's a choice of three options that I got from three different queries.

Try using Radio Button Widget.

Create 3 services that will be triggered  for each item and return the values you need.
This way you can keep your Value Display.

Top Tags