cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to react on submashup changes

drichter
14-Alexandrite

How to react on submashup changes

Hi,

I have a mashup with two submashups (contained mashups). Both submashups use the same property of the same thing. Now, when one submashup change this property, I will react on this change in the other submashup. For better explanation:

I try it with mashup parameter but this does not work.

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:drichter)

Did you wire the mashup parameter from one to the parent mashup (use a Mashup parameter in parent or textbox/numberbox) back into the other mashup?

Double check the flow, if you are doing it that way.

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Ok I thing my example is not very well. My real problem had todo with "submashups" in repeater. I think this graphics discripte the problem better

I have a repeater list with a "submashup". The submashup had a edit button. If I click on one of this edit buttons i will change something which is not part of the repeater.

I can change the inEditModus property but i don't have a chance to tell the right part to reloed or recall the GetProperties() for inEditModus. Also I can not give a parameter out of the repeater (like your suggestion for submashups).

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

In this case it is probably easier to have the Edit button launch a pop-up so you can pass the refresh back to the Repeater Mashup piece that launched the pop-up.

I think it will be very complex any other way, for example some mashup parameter that keeps track of the fact it clicked the edit, and some session to bring back the fact the update happened etc.

Or and this might work, if your repeater mashup is using GetProperties then you can do the Push Update from Server. If you edit changes property values of the Thing shown in the repeater, then the Push Update will automatically push from server to client and update in the appropriate mashup.

drichter
14-Alexandrite

I use GetProperties in the repeater mashup. What do you mean with "Push Update from Server"?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Thingworx now supports Server Push to Client using websockets but only through the GetProperties service.

Click on the Service and then check in the bottom right in the Service Properties, you'll see Push Updates to Client when Possible.

I haven't had consistent success with it, but it does work.

It means that when a property is updated on the server, it will automatically send that to any connected client's mashup and the mashup will reflect the new value, without having to use refresh or an event to call the service.

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Do you mean the checkbox "Automatically update values when able" which shows up if I click on the GetProperties() service?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Correct

drichter
14-Alexandrite

This seams working not so correctly. Also I get some Error in Application Log:

Failed to dispatch event. Invalid Thing In Event Type.Thing:Entity.PersistentSessiond6c5a5af-7400-45db-8ad1-e8ecff2cae18:Event.DataChange:Property.isConnected:PersistentSessiond6c5a5af-7400-45db-8ad1-e8ecff2cae18

Now I try to work with the GlobalSessionProperties. I hope it will work.

Top Tags