cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to search Things by name?

rrichardson
5-Regular Member

How to search Things by name?

Link to previous post.....

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to jump in and ask how can I return things I've created by a specific property value?  I understand I can use the queryimplementedthings service by passing the service a query (which I have created in a seperate service which I also configure to take a parameter for the value I'm looking for in my things properties).  I then pass this query to the queryimplementedthings service.  I only want the things and their associated properties that have a matching value for a specific property returned.  Whats the best way to go about this as I am not getting the grid to return data based on my approach?

1 REPLY 1
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:rrichardson)

Have you looked into utilizing a data filter? You could feed data into your data filter with a query service and then spit it back out to the grid.

1. Add the query service for your Thing in your Mashup
  2. Add a Grid widget and the DataFilter widget to the Mashup
  3. Bind the ‘All Data’ to the DataFilter widget
  4. Bind the ‘Query’ parameter of the DataFilter widget back to the ‘Query’ parameter of your query service.
  5. Bind the ‘Changed’ event on the DataFilter widget to the query service itself
  6. Now bind ‘All Data’ of your query service to the Grid
Top Tags