cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to select a menu item from the mashup and not on clicking the menu item in the menu widget?

SrijithKrish
12-Amethyst

How to select a menu item from the mashup and not on clicking the menu item in the menu widget?

Hi,

I actually wanted to know if there is way that I can control my menu selection from outside the menu widget. Like making it more clear I am having a menu and the menu selection changes the mashup in a contained mashup, for eg. have a menu with 3 items primary, secondary and tertiary. On selection of primary I will have the mashup for primary in the contained mashup and the same for the rest menu items. Now the question is, I want to select the secondary menu item from the menu widget on a button click or a link widget or a navigation widget. That is on my click on a widget in the mashup I will need the secondary mashup to be loaded in the contained mashup and the secondary menu item to be selected in the menu widget. How will I do this?

When I click on the navigate I need the menu item to be selected to the secondary and the secondary mashup will be in the contained mashup.

It would be nice if I could get a solution for this scenario and I am not using my mashup in my master (I would not need my menu in the master).

Thanks in Advance,

Srijith

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:SrijithKrish)

If the menu doesn't allow you to  do a selection then here is a potential hack

Not the prettiest, but you can use the service Menu/GetEffectiveMenu to get the menu structure itself.

1. map to your menu widget from this service so the menu works

2. map this to two invisible lists which will populate first and second level

3. set selection on the second level in the list ... I think menu should follow along

I am using the GetEffectiveMenu service to get the menu and the menu is working fine.

I did not get the thing that is be done clearly. "map this to two invisible lists which will populate first and second level" what does the first and the second level is mentioning here? Can you help me by making this a bit more clear?

I have not clearly understood what @PaiChung had mentioned, "map this to two invisible lists which will populate first and second level" can this portion be made a bit more clear for me (first and second level what are they mapping to)? I just wanted to make the solution bit more clear to conclude.

Top Tags