cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to set a BLOB property using LoadBinary Service

ravi2
12-Amethyst

How to set a BLOB property using LoadBinary Service

How do I use the LoadBinary Service of FileRepository TT to convert a pdf file in my SystemRepository to array/stream of bytes and assign it to a blob type property of a separate Thing.

Currently, If I'm running the LoadBinary service with the file path as input in the Composer for the SystemRepository Thing, nothing is returned by the service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ravi2)

Hi @ravi2.

In our testing, we were able to load a .pdf to a blob successfully.  We received a "No result" but were then able to validate that the object did exist in the blob.  Is this possibly what is happening in your case?

// Content: BLOB
var Content =  Things["SystemRepository"].LoadBinary({
    path: "/FILE_NAME_HERE.pdf" /* STRING */
});
me.MyBlobProperty = Content;

Another possibility could be the path.  Are you using the relative path for your System Repository? 

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ravi2)

Hi @ravi2.

In our testing, we were able to load a .pdf to a blob successfully.  We received a "No result" but were then able to validate that the object did exist in the blob.  Is this possibly what is happening in your case?

// Content: BLOB
var Content =  Things["SystemRepository"].LoadBinary({
    path: "/FILE_NAME_HERE.pdf" /* STRING */
});
me.MyBlobProperty = Content;

Another possibility could be the path.  Are you using the relative path for your System Repository? 

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags