cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to show base 64 content of PDF in Thingworx Mashup

BABA-SHYAM
14-Alexandrite

How to show base 64 content of PDF in Thingworx Mashup

Hi,

I have some base 64 content of a PDFs. I want to show them on mashup. Using Iframe I can show it normal html page but, not in thingworx mashup.

I have done showing pdf from external URL, pdf from repository but not getting successful using base 64 content. I am attaching few files for the reference.

Save as attached file into .htm file and you can see it in browser. I am using same text in TEXT property of "htmltextarea" widget  in thingworx (9.1.0-b10877). But it is not showing anything. By inspecting the page I can see it only show html tage with empty body.

Regards

Shyam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BABA-SHYAM
14-Alexandrite
(To:BABA-SHYAM)

Hello All,

I just found a way after trying many ways. Follow below steps to complete this. I am using Thingworx version (9.1.0-b10877).

1. Take a "ptcsvaluedisplay" widget.

2. Find "ValueFormat" property and click "Renders & State" button in front of this property.

3. In the "Renderer" dropdown, select "HTML".

4. In the "Format" dropdown, select "With Formatting, Unsanitized (not-secure)".

5. Bind the result of service to the (* data) of this "ptcsvaluedisplay" widget.

6. Result of service should be in below format. Replace |--------| in below format with the base 64 content.
<iframe src="data&colon;application/pdf;base64, |---------| "  height="100%" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Happy hunting.

Regards

Shyam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BABA-SHYAM
14-Alexandrite
(To:BABA-SHYAM)

Hello All,

I just found a way after trying many ways. Follow below steps to complete this. I am using Thingworx version (9.1.0-b10877).

1. Take a "ptcsvaluedisplay" widget.

2. Find "ValueFormat" property and click "Renders & State" button in front of this property.

3. In the "Renderer" dropdown, select "HTML".

4. In the "Format" dropdown, select "With Formatting, Unsanitized (not-secure)".

5. Bind the result of service to the (* data) of this "ptcsvaluedisplay" widget.

6. Result of service should be in below format. Replace |--------| in below format with the base 64 content.
<iframe src="data&colon;application/pdf;base64, |---------| "  height="100%" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Happy hunting.

Regards

Shyam

Top Tags