cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to store URL into Infotable?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to store URL into Infotable?

Hello,

I am having 2 columns i.e. name, and Download URL.

I want to store both values into Infotable.

so I created a datashape with fields . name (String) , downloadURL(hyperlink)

But, when I store values into Infotable ,only name get inserted , URL is not getting inserted.

why this happens?

9 REPLIES 9

I tried with same datashape and test with a www.google.com url, also failed. The Hyperlink recorded it as /Thingworx/MediaEntities/www.google.com, it's looking for an internal resources and that's why it doesn't work.

You should input the url as http://www.google.com, now it could get external access

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine
(To:zyuan1)

@zyuan1  I am using a already defined method, I don't need to pass URL as input.

But , the output I get is also A URL. When I store the output in a variable and display it , it gives exact output.

But, when I pass the output to InfoTable , their I don't get output.

Output I get is :

http://gt034.galaxy.com:90/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/wt.content.ContentHttp/viewContent/tank_drw.pdf?u8&HttpOperationItem=wt.content.ApplicationData%3A586480&ofn=tank_drw.pdf&ContentHolder=wt.viewmarkup.DerivedImage%3A586468&forceDownload=true

The result URL works in a Link widget but not on a Grid widget, is that what you mean?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

@zyuan1  Yes, why does this happens? What is the solution for that?

What's the service you used to write in the infotable and what's the datashape you used

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

@zyuan1 

I am using the service called as "Content_GetDesignFiles" which send request to Windchill and obtain result in JSON . It contain name , number,  Download URL etc. So I am just getting   the Name and download URL from the wants to store them in Info Table. I am able to see name stored in infotable but URL does not get stored.

Ok, the data source is Windchill, and you get the data as json format. Which service did you use to turn json into infotable?

When the infotable is presented in Grid, the URL is appearing as blank, a Link (without address), or a full address?

Can you post one part of your json result here 

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

@zyuan1 

here is my Json Result in the file attached.

I am not converting Json , instead I am iterating through Json,

e.g. resultJSON["OR:wt.epm.EPMDocument:582474"].items[0].name;

resultJSON["OR:wt.epm.EPMDocument:582474"].items[0].downloadURL;

and I am just passing these two to infoTable.

I am able to see name in infotable , but download URL column remains blank. no link

Hi and sorry for the delayed reply.

Since you can present the name from JSON in Grid widget, then your js script is working fine, I tried everything and cannot reproduce your problem. I used your address and it opened a new page with "Can't be reached" warning.

If your infotable column for URL is for sure to be HYPERLINK, then you need to create a case and ask TS for support. I checked Grid Configuration settings, there's no way to change it's function.

Top Tags