cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to store value for location field in Infotable?

divya_13
6-Contributor

How to store value for location field in Infotable?

Hi,

Can anyone please help me to know how i can store the value for location field inside infotable having Column Location with its BaseType- Location?Please find attached snippet for reference.I am trying to store values for longitude,latitude and elevation which is of String type into the Location Field but I am unable to do it.If anyone,has any idea can you explain me with detailed approach how it can be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:divya_13)

Few comments:

1. You have an input field called templocation and you are creating object with the same name. What you want to achive with that?

2. I would propose to not use Location as a property name in DataTable, cause it has location as ootb property name. Try to rename it for something like myLocation. Just good practice.

3. If you are using STRING as a property base type you DON'T need to use quotation marks or apostrophs. There is a chance that it will be not parsed properly. NUMBER base type would be better I guess.

And finally what is the problem? I can see that in the result you have a property called Location and there are some values in the rows. Isn't that what you wanted?

Location will be displayed in the STRING format here, so New York will be just: 40.7128:74.0060

Best Regards,

Adam

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the help and yeah, it worked for me with Number Base Type .

Regards,

Divya

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:divya_13)

Hey,

That's good. :)

Remember to accept my reply as a solution just in case anyone would search for it as well!

Best,

Adam

Top Tags