cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to supply the data from Thingworx to Asset Advisor.

prathinam79
4-Participant

How to supply the data from Thingworx to Asset Advisor.

Hi,

I have created a Thing and able to connect to OSI PI server by using REST API call directly from Thingworx. The response which we are getting from PI server as Asset hierarchy with corresponding sensors like below

Eqp-1

Sensor – 1

Sensor  - 2

Eqp -2

Sensor -1

Sensor-2

In Asset Advisor we can configure Asset and them sensors using industrial connectivity(Kepware) as we know.

In the above scenario how I can send the data above hierarchy from Thingworx to Manufacturing app(Asset Advisor) without Kepware?

Is there possible that I can avoid Kepware for the Manufacturing Apps(Asset Advisor) to functioning.

Could you please give me guidance how I can supply the data to Asset Advisor.

Thanks,

Rathinam Ponram.

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:prathinam79)

There is an official construct in the documentation for using other data sources.

If you want though, you can use your REST call to retrieve info and then parse the values and assign them to the necessary properties.

Just keep in mind that since you are requesting, you need some sort of trigger mechanism, like a scheduler or timer, then if you are firing within the context of each of your assets, just make sure you don't overload your server.

There is an article about Schedulers and Timers and how to best use them, aside from that if you were to fire from the asset and you had many assets, each would fire at exactly the same time which is what you also need to watch out for.

Top Tags