cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to use Thingworx as Cloud storage?

etemiz
1-Newbie

How to use Thingworx as Cloud storage?

Hello,

I am making an App (AR) using Google Project Tango with Unity.

The idea is as follows: You use your phone with this app to register an area(room, hall, any kind of space) and then you can place postits (so some kind of notes with a name and description on it in different colours) somewhere within that area.

Now I want to connect the app to Thingworx, so that I can upload and store my defined areas and notes using I think its called the Thingworx Composer. Afterwards the app should be able to load all these data from the cloud after recognising the place/area. But I don`t really know how to model/build this. Should I create a Thing template for the area and one for the notes? Additionally I want to create those "Things" dynamically, so am I right, if I assume that by adding the createThing service to my template, I can trigger it by calling the method through the app? I really need some help and I'll appreciate any kind of support.

Oh and I mentioned that I want to connect my device/app to the platform. I would like to do it by using the REST API without any additional software or browser, so if someone has any experience dealing with that matter, I hope you will help me out. Btw the area content is stored in an adf-file so I am not sure how to deal with the data type issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags