cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to use the same mashup for multiple menu item and pass parameter from menu item to mashup

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to use the same mashup for multiple menu item and pass parameter from menu item to mashup

Hello Team,

I have a scenario where i need to load same mashup for multiple menu item selection and the mashup data is based on the selected menuitem, meaning i need to pass selected asset from the menu to mashup.

How do i achieve passing value from menu to mashup??

Thanks

Sunay

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sbt)

To do this you need to switch the menu to be data driven and then you can drive a selected row value into the contained mashup.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Chung,

I have the master page (below image for your reference)

Menu contained mashup has two one static and other is data driven (below image for your reference)

both uses the same contained mashup in the master to load there respective mashup, for static mashup if i associate master in the mashup i am able to get it. I am confused with the data driven mashup and also i have to load it to the same contained mashup area of the master.

It will be of great help if you can give an example/explain.

Thanks

Sunay

rk-31
1-Newbie

Hi Sunay,

You need to select Data-Driven option for ConfiguredOrDatadriven property of menu.

Create service with output as infotable with "MenuEntry" datashape.

Add rows to the result set.

Title (Link name) , LinkDestination (mashup name) , Menuid (any unique string) fields of MenuEntry datashape are important.

Bind All Data of service to Menu widget.

Add parameters to you contained mashup.

Bind selected rows of service to contained mashup.

Now you have menu entry details in your mashup parameters, you can do any manipulations inside contained mashup.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:rk-31)

Raju Thanks for the info.

For testing i have loaded one menu item as data driven.

1. But every time i click on that i get a new page loaded in a new tab.

2. Also i dont have option of adding parameter to the contained mashup in the master page, not sure why..?. So how do i pass parameter to the contained mashup of the master page.

I have added parameter for the menu mashup as below

After coming back to master page, I dont have option to map to the parameter of the contained mashup of the master page.

Thanks

Sunay

rk-31
1-Newbie

Hi Sunay,

Thank you providing the details. Since its contained mashup in Master mashup, You really don't assign mashup for contained mashup So you will not see mashup parameters. I think you might need to use the session parameters here.

Thanks

Top Tags