cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I want to send grid data(Daily,Weekly,Monthly) automatically through mail in thingWorx 8.5

sagarmemane92
11-Garnet

I want to send grid data(Daily,Weekly,Monthly) automatically through mail in thingWorx 8.5

Need help if someone done this task earlier.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

First, you need to create a Notification Thing that implements the MailServer Template and add your SMTP settings in Configuration. This is needed to be able to send emails.

After this, how emails should be sent? Automatically, at the end of day, end of month, specific hours or when you are clicking a button? What do you want to trigger the emails to be sent? Maybe you can use a scheduler if you want specific hours/day.

Based on the trigger, you need to create service that send email (SendMessage Snippet from your Notification Thing)

In the SendMessage you can add the content of the email. I don't have an example, but probably you can provide an infotable as input to SendMessage. The infotable is the result that is filtering your grid.

Here is a link explaining Notifications: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FThings%2FNotifications.html

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Hey raluca

I want to send the data automatically.I am using the data table .In service i am fetching the data and in subscription i am sending trying to send the data in html format through mail.But unfortunately my subscription not calling .I don't exactly error.(Script log- Error in: EMS_Scheduler_Sagar.Weekly_PF_Report javascript service)

Here I am attaching the service and subscription file 

Thanks in advance 

Sagar

Hi @sagarmemane92.

Have you tested to be sure the email configuration is correct and working?  Is the subscription enabled?

If these questions don't lead you to a solution, please provide the logs located in \ThingworxStorage\logs and the configuration details.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi,

I have done this by using the scheduler

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar

Hello @sagarmemane92,

Try to replace this:

body: Hi /* HTML */

with that:

body: emailContent /* HTML */

Also you don't define rowvalue2 variable inside the loop.

/ Constantine

Hi @sagarmemane92.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags