cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

INFOTABLE max rows 500

SK_9989757
5-Regular Member

INFOTABLE max rows 500

I see that the maximum rows handled by INFOTABLE is mentioned as 500. Can we store more than 500 rows Infotable in a variable? like if we call a service say GetImplementingThings() inside another service which returns more than 500 rows,  can TWx still can iterate through that INFOTABLE variable and carry out rest of the process say inspect  or update a property? What is the best way to handle 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:SK_9989757)

There is no limit. The only issue is that the service you referenced does not allow to set maxItems parameter. When the parameter exists you need to set it to a high number (you do not expect to reach any time soon).

For your useCase you need to call QueryImplementingThings instead of GetImplementingThings (which is useless as it will only return 500 entries) - and specify maxItems. See also https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS290970

For maxItems we started to use constant "Number.MAX_SAFE_INTEGER" to not have to worry we set it to low.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

• Can we store more than 500 rows Infotable in a variable? YES
  • can TWx still can iterate through that INFOTABLE variable? BASED ON THE LOGIC IT MAY TAKE SO MUCH TIME
Jimwang
15-Moonstone

Refer to the best practice to use InfoTable at article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs266583

My colleague provided already the correct answers above, but I wanted to add that I doubt that we specify anywhere in our documentation or product that infotables can handle only 500 rows. Could you let us know where you saw that statement? If indeed this is the case, it must be corrected. Most probably composer says it displays maximum 500 rows only, but the variable itself does not have such limit.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

There is no limit. The only issue is that the service you referenced does not allow to set maxItems parameter. When the parameter exists you need to set it to a high number (you do not expect to reach any time soon).

For your useCase you need to call QueryImplementingThings instead of GetImplementingThings (which is useless as it will only return 500 entries) - and specify maxItems. See also https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS290970

For maxItems we started to use constant "Number.MAX_SAFE_INTEGER" to not have to worry we set it to low.

Hi SK_9989757,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered.

If so, please designate the appropriate post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other members who may have the same question.

If not, please post your current status in the public thread so that we can continue to support.

Thanks,

Iuliana

Top Tags