cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Implementation of a digital signature

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Implementation of a digital signature

Hello,

I would like to implement a digital signature in Thingworx. The users should not login to the application, the system should ask for the password in a popup each time the user push a button. The authentication should be done by LDAP. I had a look to the LDAP Directory Service, but I couldn't find a way to validate a password. Is there another way to implement a signature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi,

thanks for the answers! The users do not have to login in order to access the application. So I developed an extension to check the LDAP credential without using any Thingworx out-of-the-box stuff.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:gch)

Hello gch,

I believe your solution would require the development of a Custom Authenticator.

To get started I would recommend checking out the Create An Authentication Extension Guide on the ThingWorx Developer Portal.

-Tyler

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gch)

Hi @gch.

If you found the previous post helpful, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of the others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

If you say that the authentication should be done by LDAP and that the user already sees the application, I would guess that the current user is already authenticated through LDAP.

I would try to create a very simple service VerifySignature (input parameters: User & Password, return boolean) that executes a separate GetText to one of the Thingworx APIs - like Thingworx/Things, where you pass the provided user and password to the GetText user and password input parameters. If you have setup LDAP auth in the ThingWorx server, then this authentication challenge will hit the LDAP - your required usecase.

If the result of that service contains a references to some Things - that would mean the authentication was successfull and you can return "true".

If the result of that service says: authentication unsuccessfull, or something like that, that means the supplied user and password were not good, and you can return "false".

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi,

thanks for the answers! The users do not have to login in order to access the application. So I developed an extension to check the LDAP credential without using any Thingworx out-of-the-box stuff.

Top Tags