cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Import entity file will reset the persistent property values of Things

seanccc
17-Peridot

Import entity file will reset the persistent property values of Things

Hi, 

Every time when I fixed a bug in the local dev system and then import the thing's entity xml file to the testing/production system,  the value of persistent property get reset in the target system.   I have to manually input them again.   

Why is the behavior  designed like this ?  or it's a bug ?   I'm currently using ThingWorx 8.5.5 , but the problem has existed since 8.4 at least. 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@VladimirRosu ,

Sorry, my mistake.  I just found the import function has a new option "Overwrite Property Values" since ThingWorx 855. 

seanccc_0-1599186259982.png

Regards,

Sean

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I expect that this is the expected behavior. The Thing concept, besides its definition (property/alert/event definition) includes also the state (property values) and logic (service), and they are all imported at once, hence the overwrite.

If you want to import something I suggest (but am not 100% sure) to see how the Thing import behaves at the Configuration Tables level - does it override current configured values there or does it leave them intact?

@VladimirRosu ,

Sorry, my mistake.  I just found the import function has a new option "Overwrite Property Values" since ThingWorx 855. 

seanccc_0-1599186259982.png

Regards,

Sean

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:seanccc)

@seanccc 

Thanks for letting us know, could you please mark this thread as accept as solution to benefit of others.

Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags