cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Importing .twx file into fresh foundation installation fails

drieder
15-Moonstone

Importing .twx file into fresh foundation installation fails

Hello everyone,

I have an exportet .twx file from the trial hosted server from about a year ago (think it was version 8.2 at that time).

Now I have a freshly installed instance of TWX Foundation on our local Servers on which I would like to import the twx. file. (I think I simply exported "All Entities" in the hosted Server).

Unfortunately I get the following error: 
Invalid request: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: DataShape [LocationDataShape] Already Exists, With Different Case.

Unfortunately I am not able to find the "LocationDataShape" DataShape, even if I include all system objects in the search.
These are the ones that contain the word "location":
-locationValueStream

-locationDeviationAlert

-locationMatchAlert

Has anyone encountered a similar issue and does know how to solve it? 

Any help with that is appreciated very much!

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:drieder)

At this situation I am not sure how you can resolve this because the issue is in the exported .twx file itself. You had two different datashapes with different cases (LocationDataShape) and maybe locationDatashape. This problem occurs when you export from an very old version as I believe in new versions you can not create two same name entities with different cases. I have faces this issue while doing export/import from 7.4 to 8.4. But I used to export everything in XML as this provide you a way to go an edit the XML and remove the different case object definition.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mnarang
17-Peridot

At this situation I am not sure how you can resolve this because the issue is in the exported .twx file itself. You had two different datashapes with different cases (LocationDataShape) and maybe locationDatashape. This problem occurs when you export from an very old version as I believe in new versions you can not create two same name entities with different cases. I have faces this issue while doing export/import from 7.4 to 8.4. But I used to export everything in XML as this provide you a way to go an edit the XML and remove the different case object definition.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @drieder.

If the previous response answered your question (even if it wasn't the answer you wanted), please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags