cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Infotable fields being reordered when displayed on a Bar Chart widget

MP_10287512
6-Contributor

Infotable fields being reordered when displayed on a Bar Chart widget

Hello,

I'm facing an issue where the infotable fields that I plan on showing in a bar chart graph are getting reorganized when displayed in said graph. For example, I may have 5 different fields, AV51, AV52, AV53, AV54 and a Timestamp field, and, although in the infotable itself they are correctly ordered (especially since I added the ordinal to each field to make sure they were correctly ordered), the graph still shows the fields in a seemingly random order.

As you can see in the attached pictures, the infotable itself shows the fields in their proper place, correctly ordered, while in the Graph the order is switched, to AV52-AV51-AV54-AV53.

What could be causing this issue?
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:MP_10287512)

@MP_10287512 You can set the NumberOfSeries property to a fixed number and select the infotable column for each data series using the DataField1..N properties. This way you can define the order the way you want. Otherwise, by default it is random

MP_10287512
6-Contributor
(To:abjain)

Unfortunately the infotable, and consequently the graph, is dynamic, so the field names and the amount of fields can and do change, so I can't set the number of series as a single value I think.

Top Tags