cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Instance Permissions Not Showing Up in Instanced Thing

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

Instance Permissions Not Showing Up in Instanced Thing

Per best practices when creating an extension, I created a Permission Editing Service to run after import. As I have a lot of Templates and Shapes, I used a lot of Instance Permission Setters. These worked as intended and the Template and Shape Permissions have been set properly. My problem is that they do not appear to be updating the Instanced Things' Permissions that I need them to; these permissions are blank. Is this normal? Does it not matter that the Instanced Things don't have an updated Permissions list? Do the Instance Permissions only work in certain scenarios? What should be my next course of action? Do I need to bite the bullet and update the Instanced Things' Permissions individually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

It's normal that you don't see those permissions on the instance level in Composer. It's enough to call `AddInstanceRunTimePermission` on the template level. You can confirm it by checking Access Report:

Constantine_0-1679310691336.png

/ Constantine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

It's normal that you don't see those permissions on the instance level in Composer. It's enough to call `AddInstanceRunTimePermission` on the template level. You can confirm it by checking Access Report:

Constantine_0-1679310691336.png

/ Constantine

Top Tags