cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Is there any REAL documentation on Dashboards functionalities & configuration?

torresRa
4-Participant

Is there any REAL documentation on Dashboards functionalities & configuration?

Hi,

I have several years of experience with TWX but never really used Dashboards.

As I started now to explore this functionality I realized that I couldn't find any proper documentation from PTC (apart from the Help section, which is definitely not enough). 

Also, I've seen some threads on this Forum where people just copy/paste the TWX help text, which also doesn't help, so please don't refer to that.

I got the all basics covered (create dashboard, create gadget, create a gadget library, add gadget to dashboard, etc.) what I am really looking for is the next level of configuration where I could do more complex things with it.

Is anyone aware of an official documentation file/ manual? If there's any...

Looking forward to a reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Rafael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @torresRa.

The documentation provided is the only documentation currently available.  If you can provide a comprehensive set of questions, I will try to get the answers you seek.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:torresRa)

Hi @torresRa.

Here are a couple of resources that may help you to get up-to-speed:

Dashboards

Customizable and Responsive UI

Regards.

--Sharon

torresRa
4-Participant

Hello Sharon,

I appreciate your response, although I am not sure if you read entirely my post.

The material you shared covers only the basics. I was looking more into the documentation on how the relationship tables are being managed on TWX BE, how to leverage the DashboardFunctions services to create dynamic dashboards on the fly, etc.

I've seen people giving up using Dashboards and go with their own DataTables + Collection Widgets, due to lack of documentation on how Dashboards really works.

I see the potential on Dashboards and I just want to be sure if Dashboards can cover my needs, before going with other options.

Thanks,
Rafael

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @torresRa.

The documentation provided is the only documentation currently available.  If you can provide a comprehensive set of questions, I will try to get the answers you seek.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags