cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Issue related to License Thingworx 8.4

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Issue related to License Thingworx 8.4

Hi,
I am having an issue related to license. It is creating licenseRequestFile.txt file and ignored_license_capability_response.bin, I have tried to download the license using device id and put it in the folder ThingworxPlatform naming the license file license_capability_response.bin, Then after running the service AcquireLicense, tomcat server stops and license_capability_response is changed to ignored_license_capability_response.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:mnaeem)

Hi,

Issue was solved by adding Local System account access rights to Thingworx Platform folder and also after deleting 'trusted storage' (this is done only with PTC support help, not by customers on their own).

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mnaeem.

Please provide more information:

• Is this a new installation?
  • If not a new installation, are you simply updating the license file?
  • Does ThingWorx continue to run following a restart or is it shutting down?
  • If you able to login to Composer, navigate to Monitoring > Subsystems > LicenseSubsystemSettings.  Are you able to see the licensed features or do you see an error?  If you are able to see the licensed features and you are not observing any other issues such as the ability to persist entities to the database, you are probably fine.  The license will sometimes be renamed to ignored when there are no changes in the new license file.

To troubleshoot, we will need the logs located in \ThingworxStorage\logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,
Thanks for your quick response.

1) Yes it's a new installation.

2) If I use AcquireLicense service after pasting downloaded license using device ID then tomcat stops and Thingworx as well. After that if I restart tomcat, I can log in to Thingworx.

3) Monitoring > Subsystem > LicenseSubsystemSettings, It shows popup with the message License is not installed.

4) Attached the log file

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi @slangley ,

Here is the screen shot of Monitoring > subsystems > Licensing Subsystem Setting

Best Regards,

Naeem

clipboard_image_0.png

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

Based on the error from log, please apply the solution from this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS281516

Please let us know if is it working.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi @raluca_edu,

Thanks!

I have followed this article  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS281516, but still having the same problem. Attached the new log file as well.

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

Has java changed on the server lately? If yes, then follow this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS305853

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

Thank you!

I checked and java didn't change lately.

I verified the paths in tomcat configuration and the path of JAVA, attached the image of tomcat configuration.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_212\bin\server\jvm.dll 

Best Regards,

Naeem

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

In Java Classpath do you have also C:\<path_to_tomcat>\bin\tomcat-juli.jar? If not, then add this also to existing value of Java Classpath, delimiter is ";"

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Yes, 

I have these

Java Classpath:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\bin\tomcat-juli.jar

java option:

-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0
-Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\temp
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf\logging.properties
-Dserver -D64
-XX:+UseG1GC
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions

Best Regards,

Naeem

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

@raluca_edu

@slangley 
Waiting for your kind response to resolve the issue.

Thank you!

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

What is the error in Application.log now ? Also, have you changed the time on the server lately?

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi @raluca_edu ,

Thank you!

I am having the same errors in Application.log as follows.

2019-10-10 09:46:14.950+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to process capability response because Storage anchor break found.
2019-10-10 09:46:22.544+0200 [L: WARN] [O: o.a.h.c.p.ResponseProcessCookies] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: visid_incap_1771292=WCyJHTqaTWSSKw+10bP88b7hnl0AAAAAQUIPAAAAAAAPVESSeFVj7Ve6z2AURE88; expires=Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:56:40 GMT; path=/; Domain=.ptc.com". Invalid 'expires' attribute: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:56:40 GMT
2019-10-10 09:46:22.669+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to process capability response because Storage anchor break found.
2019-10-10 09:46:30.933+0200 [L: WARN] [O: o.a.h.c.p.ResponseProcessCookies] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: visid_incap_1771292=WCyJHTqaTWSSKw+10bP88b7hnl0AAAAAQUIPAAAAAAAPVESSeFVj7Ve6z2AURE88; expires=Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:56:41 GMT; path=/; Domain=.ptc.com". Invalid 'expires' attribute: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:56:41 GMT
2019-10-10 09:46:31.058+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to process capability response because Storage anchor break found.
2019-10-10 09:46:39.198+0200 [L: WARN] [O: o.a.h.c.p.ResponseProcessCookies] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: visid_incap_1771292=tVND5rdAQvCBqWqRWYBcf97hnl0AAAAAQUIPAAAAAABn3cPHo/kdBpFQvypWGz6I; expires=Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:56:41 GMT; path=/; Domain=.ptc.com". Invalid 'expires' attribute: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:56:41 GMT
2019-10-10 09:46:39.323+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to process capability response because Storage anchor break found.
2019-10-10 09:46:39.323+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to fetch license file with device id 2b77d57e-174e-4b26-a78b-07e83102eb70
2019-10-10 09:46:39.386+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Flexara threw exception when checking for previously acquired license: Storage anchor break found.
2019-10-10 09:46:39.386+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to connect to the PTC license server. Please make sure the LicensingConnectionSettings settings in the platform-settings.json in the ThingworxPlatform directory are correct. If your server is not connected to the internet please use the request file licenseRequestFile.txt created in the ThingworxPlatform directory to do a manual install of the license

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi

@raluca_edu 

@slangley 

I am also attaching platform-setting.json file to verify if there is any problem.

Changed the extension from json to txt just to attach because it was giving an error while attaching the json file.

Thank You!

Naeem

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mnaeem.

At this point, I suggest we open a case for troubleshooting.  There can be a number of reasons causing a failure of this nature.

I will be happy to open it on your behalf if you are in agreement.

Regards.

--Sharon

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi @slangley ,

Thank you!

Yes, please I will be really thankful to you, I'm stuck at this point for many days and can't proceed.

I've also opened a ticket two days ago, but still waiting for answer.

Best Regards,
Naeem

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

Issue was solved by adding Local System account access rights to Thingworx Platform folder and also after deleting 'trusted storage' (this is done only with PTC support help, not by customers on their own).

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags