cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

It is possible to have a drop down inside any of the grid widgets in Thingworx?

Dabbler_Aish
8-Gravel

It is possible to have a drop down inside any of the grid widgets in Thingworx?

I want each cell of one entire column in a grid to have drop-downs, so that the user can select the value from the drop-down when the table is editable.

Is it possible to achieve this functionality using any of the grid widgets (grid, advanced grid ..etc ) in Thingworx?

What should i do to implement this functionality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dabbler_Aish

by default the Grids only display Data from an InfoTable - with no additional Widgets configurable.

You could use Collection / Repeater Widgets to build some kind of Grid / row-based display where you can use Dropdowns or List Widgets.

I've also left some comments at https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-add-button-in-column-cell-of-advanced-grid-widget/m-p/587822#M33324 - which is a similar question to yours, just with Buttons

I hope this helps,

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Dabbler_Aish

by default the Grids only display Data from an InfoTable - with no additional Widgets configurable.

You could use Collection / Repeater Widgets to build some kind of Grid / row-based display where you can use Dropdowns or List Widgets.

I've also left some comments at https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-add-button-in-column-cell-of-advanced-grid-widget/m-p/587822#M33324 - which is a similar question to yours, just with Buttons

I hope this helps,

Michael

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mneumann)

Hi @Dabbler_Aish.

If the solution provided by @mneumann answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags