cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

JAVA sdk EMS store and forward

aziliotto
4-Participant

JAVA sdk EMS store and forward

Hi all,

i used the .NET EMS sdk to develop edge microserver application and i found con client configurator class some properties to store properties if internet connection went down. It automatically create a log file and when connection comes online properties uploads to the thingworx foundation server by itself.

I searched for properties on same "clientConfigurator" class in documentation for JAVA SDK EMS but i can't find, i used the last release of it ( 27 october ). Anyone use it ? PTC says always on store offline messages but seems it is not implemented on java EMS, do i have to implement on my own ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:aziliotto)

Hi,

I think you are seeking a way to store offline message in Java SDK and it is mentioned in JAVA SDK developer guide Page no - 26

It states that for offline support for data and caching ,this support is only possible with binding .The remote thing on the server must be bound to the websocket over which the client application is communicating and it also describe how to use binding .

This is the guide I am following - https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/168410/en/ThingWorx_Edge_Java_SDK_Developer_Guide_v.6.0.2.pdf

I think I am getting your query in right direction ,do let me know if it is about something else .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

manasvi
12-Amethyst
(To:mnarang)

Hi Mukul,

How do we configure the number of messages to store offline.

Although in the document it is mentioned that offline storage is availale with binded Virtual things,

but how much values will be stored? is there a Java api where it could be set?

Top Tags