cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

KepwareEX - How to read tag values without having to have a Thing with a defined property

VP_10583937
4-Participant

KepwareEX - How to read tag values without having to have a Thing with a defined property

We have configured several signals in KepwareEX and their corresponding connection with Thingworx through an Industrial Connection.

We want to read the values of a tag from a mashup dynamically, that is, without having to have a Thing with a defined property and linked to an Industrial Connection signal. 

Would it be possible to do it only with the source of the corresponding tag?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VP_10583937 ,

• You need to Create a Remote Thing for sure and Add that Remote Thing on the Mashup in the Composer by calling a service(GetPropertyVlaues)
  • Then take a couple of Widgets(Label, Value display, Numeric Box or Textbox ..etc).
  • Bind the property values you want to see on the Dashboard

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VP_10583937)

Hi @VP_10583937.

Can you provide some details of your use case?  We might be able to suggest a solution if we have a better understanding of what you need to achieve.

Regards.

--Sharon

odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:VP_10583937)

Hello @VP_10583937 

Please correct me if i am wrong As I can understand your query,  you want to link your tag with mashup directly.  But without having thing with defined property how are we going to get the values on mashup and without industrial connection we won't be able to connect to our Industrial gateway . As long as tag value is updated that update need to be stored somewhere in the system and for that as far as i think we need a property and for property we might need some entity (for ex thing).

So i think this won't be possible.

I hope i am able to make my point here.

Thanks

Hi @VP_10583937 ,

• You need to Create a Remote Thing for sure and Add that Remote Thing on the Mashup in the Composer by calling a service(GetPropertyVlaues)
  • Then take a couple of Widgets(Label, Value display, Numeric Box or Textbox ..etc).
  • Bind the property values you want to see on the Dashboard

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags