cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Known bugs list

gsantandrea
1-Newbie

Known bugs list

Hello Community,

where can I find the list of known bugs for the latest release of ThingWorx?

In one community post I found a reference about a bug about TW 6.5 + Connection Server and I'd like to know more about it.

Thanks in advance,

Giuliano

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Giuliano,

They don't share this info , I've already asked for it, and they don't really have plans to share this kind of info, they are too much used to be a big company and a closed development environment...

Best Regards,

Carles.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:gsantandrea)

Giuliano, ThingWorx keeps lists of Release Notes within our Help Center for service packs and major releases: http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.5_hc/ A list of all current bugs with a version is not something that we provide, but our Tech Support team creates Knowledge Base Articles on known / existing bugs and updates them accordingly when they are fixed. These articles will also provide a work-around for the bug when applicable. If you have access to our Knowledge Base and have come across a bug, you can search for an article relating to this. Worst case you will not find anything and can consult the community or open a Tech Support case relating to the bug in question. Hope this helps! Meghan

Just a quick note/ addition to Meghan's post - the release notes are available in all Help Centers under the "Welcome To ThingWorx" section.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:mhollenbach)

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:gsantandrea)

In the DOC, when you expand the first chapter "Welcome to ThingWorx", you can see all the release notes

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.5_hc/

release notes.png

Hi All,

Giuliano was asking for bug lists, not for release notes It's totally a different thing.

Carles.

Event the release notes often do not include changes. For example in 6.x, you can no longer create multiple subscriptions to the same Event within a template stack. In 5.x you could have a thing subscribed to AnyDataChange on the Thing, another on the ThingTemplate and yet more on any ThingShapes inherited at any level. This was previously possible, and I consider it to be a pretty big change and it's not documented anywhere.

Also, how security is inherited has changed over the versions and was not documented. Some of these I called them on and turned out to be bugs.

Regardless, I would suggest that you maintaining your own bug list and then also, sadly, when a new version comes out, proceed with extreme caution on a separate server and test the hell out of your application before releasing to production.

Top Tags