cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Latency case on localhost websocket communication with Thingworx ???

pdethare
1-Newbie

Latency case on localhost websocket communication with Thingworx ???

I have various latency issues on my mashup.

There are currently 2 recurrent issues:

* Latency before treatement when receiving various messages (5-6) at the same time:

- The messages may all be received up to 30 sec later

* Latency after treatment when publishing in mashup

- After receptions, and without implementing services or subscriptions, the messages may take another 30 seconds to appear in the Mashup.

Do you know how to make a diagnostic on the waiting cause?

4 REPLIES 4
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:pdethare)

A way to start the diagnostic process is through your browser tools. View your Mashup, hit F12 (Firefox, Chrome) and that will load up the browser tools. Navigate to the 'Network' tab and refresh your Mashup again. That will list all the calls that were made along with the time it took to render/ display them.

Thanks for your answer Ravi.

Nonetheless, in 'network' mode, I can't see when websocket messages are transmitted..

I see lots of messages in my application log:

"Server WebSocket closed unexpectedly, unregistering from Server Endpoint [ws session id: a, endpoint id: 11, endpoint name: EP_0] null"

Can it be the source of the latency?

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:pdethare)

Pierre, that would mean that your websocket connection got severed. The reason I had mentioned using dev tools when you're viewing your Mashup is because in the network tab, you can identify the duration it takes for services to return. For example, if you have a 'Get' service returning a bunch of rows from an external database, you can see how long it takes to retrieve them. You won't be able to see any websocket messages.

That being said, what is sending these messages? Are you connecting with one of our SDKs or the Edge MicroServer? Does the logs on that side show display any error messages?

Hi Aanjan,

We connect through a Gateway integrated in our solution, similar to the Java SDK.

There are no logged error on SDK side, as far as I could see.

Top Tags