cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Log Schedulation and position

ldell'aversano
1-Newbie

Log Schedulation and position

Hi to everyone,

we have a bad situation for H2 DB Thingworx "Log".

They schedulated every days and after a week of Thingworx running, most of the memory is busy, like attached file.

How can we change the schedulation of Thingworx db log?

How can we change the path of schedulated logs?

Thank's a lot

Luigi

5 REPLIES 5

One part is in the logging subsystem

the other part is in platform-settings.json

Thank's Pai,

while, about the "backup" of H2 DB is it possible to redefine the scheduling?

We would like that:

1. 1 backup at day

2. Move old backup into another disk partition

Is it possible to automate this process?

Thank's

Luigi

I don't think there are any official instructions in this regards for the H2 database.

I don't know H2 well enough to be able to say that there is a good way to do it.

You could always do a filecopy of the database and just do a scheduled batch file

You can also create some services to do an Export of your entities and Data, to move it to another server, not sure.

could do filetransfer with an agent, could have your own file watcher/move routine.

Thak's Pai,

I've another question about Backup scheduling.

How may I change logging subsystem and platform-settings.json to :

1. Schedule a backup a day

2. Delete backup oldest than 1 week

Thank's

Luigi

Hi Luigi,

For the question 1, you can schedule a backup by creating a thing which uses ThingTemplate Scheduler. For reference the following link contains the information on how to create a scheduler thing to backup all entities and data.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS210224&lang=en&source=snippet

Top Tags