cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

MQTT connection Issue

aam
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

MQTT connection Issue

I have created two MQTT things. I have connected both to a public MQBroker -say Mosquito. Some times only one "thing" connection is true, the other "thing" gets disconnected. This happens often. Is there any issue in using same broker/servername for two mqtt thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:aam)

I have the same "Persistence already in use"-problem. I found only two very dirty way to fix that.

1. Copy the thing that make problems and rename it.
  2. Delete the ValueStream and create a new one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Anitha Am,

Is there any error received in the logs when one of the thing gets disconnected? And does the thing is in edit mode when it gets disconnected?

aam
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Yes Ankit. I am trying to set a property with a json string '[{"id": "DP2.wer.ias_Start","v": 0}]' in the data change event of  a property using subscription. When event gets triggered a lck file is generated in  Tom Cat log for the thing. Thingworx doesnt allows to update the thing. So I need tomcat to be restarted. The same property assignation works well on a button click.

aam
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Ignore the previous answer. Persistence already in use was the error received in Application log.

drichter
14-Alexandrite

I have the same "Persistence already in use"-problem. I found only two very dirty way to fix that.

1. Copy the thing that make problems and rename it.
  2. Delete the ValueStream and create a new one.

I am trying to implement MQTT using the extension but in my MQTT thing template the "isConnected" never turn "True" it's always "False". I have changed the MQTT servers as well as used the local MQTT server but the issue remains.

Top Tags