cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

MS SQL Connections in 9.0

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

MS SQL Connections in 9.0

I'm doing some testing on an instance of 9.0.2 and I tried importing a JDBC extension that uses the 7.2 version of the MS SQL JDBC jar file, however, I got an error indicating a new version was available (that I did not import).

After further review, I found a newer version of the MS SQL JDBC jar file buried in the Thingworx web application file:

C:\..\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\lib

File: mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8.jar

Questions:

1. With TWX 9.0, do we no longer have to have a specific extension installed to connect to MS SQL databases?
  2. When creating a new connection to MS SQL Server for a TWX application, do we just use the "Database" Thing Template, and configure accordingly?

Method in #2 above is working, it's just different than what I'm used (started with 7.4). I think this is great, but want to be sure I'm using this as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe you are seeing mssql-jar in WEB-INF/lib because either you already imported the mssql extension earlier or you have a mssql persistence provider ThingWorx installed. I have both 9.0 and 9.0.2 postgresql backed ThingWorx versions and in both I don't have this Jar coming as OOTB. That basically means the driver Jar is not included by default in all the ThingWorx (Postgresql backed/MSSQL backed/H2 Backed). As i said earlier you are seeing it because either you have mssql based ThingWorx war or you have already imported the extension earlier.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I believe you are seeing mssql-jar in WEB-INF/lib because either you already imported the mssql extension earlier or you have a mssql persistence provider ThingWorx installed. I have both 9.0 and 9.0.2 postgresql backed ThingWorx versions and in both I don't have this Jar coming as OOTB. That basically means the driver Jar is not included by default in all the ThingWorx (Postgresql backed/MSSQL backed/H2 Backed). As i said earlier you are seeing it because either you have mssql based ThingWorx war or you have already imported the extension earlier.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bmehringer)

Hi @bmehringer.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags