cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Making MSSQL as persistent provider for Thing Worx with PostgressSQL setup

SV_10197221
8-Gravel

Making MSSQL as persistent provider for Thing Worx with PostgressSQL setup

Hi,

I have done a Thingworx-PostgresSQL setup. Now I want to make MSSQL as the default persistent provider for the Thing Worx.instance.

- I have installed MSSQL and have the necessary schema and database required for the THingworx.

- Now I am trying to create a new persistence provider for MSSQL and set it as the default Persistence provider.

But while creating the Persistence provider its asking for Persistence Provider Package. On selecting the add sign i can only see the package for postgress sql and Influx but not for MSSQL.

Now how do i get MSSQL package so that I can create a Persistence provider for MSSQL.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can not set MSSQL as a Persistence Provider in a ThingWorx PostgreSQL instance.

ThingWorx installation files (either installer or war file) differs based on the chosen Persistence Provider. We don't have all the persistence providers in a single package.

You must download ThingWorx MSSQL, and only then you can import manually all the entities.

We do not support in-place migration for different persistence providers (MSSQL->PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL->MSSQL, H2->MSSQL etc.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You can not set MSSQL as a Persistence Provider in a ThingWorx PostgreSQL instance.

ThingWorx installation files (either installer or war file) differs based on the chosen Persistence Provider. We don't have all the persistence providers in a single package.

You must download ThingWorx MSSQL, and only then you can import manually all the entities.

We do not support in-place migration for different persistence providers (MSSQL->PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL->MSSQL, H2->MSSQL etc.)

Top Tags