cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mashup migration

KN_9954684
12-Amethyst

Mashup migration

Migrated thingworx application from version ThingWorx 9.1.0-b10877 to ThingWorx 9.3.4-b1190.

Problem occurs when Advanced grid migrated with Rowselection attribute as Multiselect

KN_9954684_0-1698760250274.png

As per older version there is no checkbox and row can be clicked to multiselect.But now,we need to click on checkbox to select the row.Is it possible to achieve the same as old Advanced grid in new thingworx version?If so, please suggest me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KN_9954684 

Yeah the widget will be invisible in Mashup Runtime

I think it is not possible to achieve selection with CSS.

I found a better way without using the InfoTableSelector Widget. Whenever a row is clicked, the service returns the row number and updates the 'DefaultSelectedRows' widget property.  

Please find attached sample entities for your reference

/VR

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Surya_Tiwari
14-Alexandrite
(To:KN_9954684)

Hi @KN_9954684  Kindly look at the steps of the below article.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS321565 

Thanks,

Surya

My problem statement is different to the content in the url provided.

Advanced Grid should not show checkboxes to select rows,row has be selected on clicking the row itself and multi select should work by clicking the row itself.Checkboxes are to be hidden.

Current thingworx version i am using is Thingworx 9.3.4 and advanced grid should behave like in Thingworx 9.1.0.

Thanks

Hi @KN_9954684 

Unfortunately, the new grid does not have that feature.

As a workaround, you can use the InfoTableSelector Widget to achieve this functionality. 

More about InfoTable Selector Widget - Infotable Selector Widget (ptc.com)

Please do let me know if you need more information on this.

/VR

It is mentioned that Infotableselecter widget is invisible at runtime as per the link.

In the advaced grid widget we are utilizing other features also.Can custom css help in the existing widget.

@KN_9954684  

Sorry, I didn't get your point clearly. Could you please explain a bit? 

/VR

KN_9954684_0-1698823241374.png

It is mentioned that Infotableselecter widget is invisible at runtime.

In the advaced grid widget we are utilizing lot of other features also.Can we use custom css in the widget to hide those checkboxes and enable entire row select instead of checkbox select?If so,Please help me with the code as I tried but of no luck

Hi @KN_9954684 

Yeah the widget will be invisible in Mashup Runtime

I think it is not possible to achieve selection with CSS.

I found a better way without using the InfoTableSelector Widget. Whenever a row is clicked, the service returns the row number and updates the 'DefaultSelectedRows' widget property.  

Please find attached sample entities for your reference

/VR

That really helps.Thank you so much

Top Tags