cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mashup vs. Dashboard

gabitudor
7-Bedrock

Mashup vs. Dashboard

Hi, I would like to start a big application that will take data from multiple datasources (SQL servers, APIs etc.) and I would say will be a complex one. 

The thing is, in the last couple of days i was trying to find some differences between dashboards (which look way better and are easier to configure) and mashups and i could not. Till now i've only worked with mashups and i found some documentation about dashboards but it did not answer my questions. (e.g. are they better for a bigger application? are they scalable and easy to deploy to more than 1 server?)

thanks! anything would be helpful as i know almost nothing :)

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:gabitudor)

Start here:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FVisualization%2FDashboards%2FDashboards.html

Dashboards is a way to deliver user (runtime) configurable screens.

Users can start with a base screen, where the visuals are shown in Thingworx Gadgets.

These can be moved, removed or new ones can be added, depending on what you have in the Gadget library.

It's a bit more complex and you'll have a bit less flexibility.

Top Tags