cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Menu Bar widget, modal popup of target mashup?

natpaa
6-Contributor

Menu Bar widget, modal popup of target mashup?

Hi all,

I'm using the Menu bar widget for navigation in my Thingworx app. I'd like to implement an "Info"-button into the secondary navigation items of the main menu, which would navigate the user to mashup providing info and help related to currently selected mashup. It would be nice to have this as modal popup over the currently selected mashup.

For example in the pic below, user has selected the "Factory" mashup from the Primary Navigation items, and it is open in the view:

natpaa_1-1662546413761.png

Now when user clicks the "Info"-button, I would like to have the "Info"-mashup modal over the selected factory mashup in the view area. Is such functionality possible to implement with the current menu bar in Thingworx 9.3.3? I know I can implement it in by including the info button and a navigation function into each mashup, but it would be nice to have it in the master and menu bar instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashritha
13-Aquamarine
(To:natpaa)

Hi,

No need to create separate button for each page.

• In the Master mashup, add container below the menu and add a button named info (for example)
  • store the information along with mashup name in data table
  • Write service to  get information by providing selected mashup name as input 
  • In Master mashup , create navigation ( popup mashup should accept information as mashup parameter to display information)
  • bind the clicked event of info button to trigger the service to get information
  • bind output of service to the information mashup parameter of navigation popup
  • bind service invoke complete event of service to navigate

Hope this Helps !!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think, including the info button and a navigation function is better option.

Or, try to use "Button Bar" widget, navigation function and expression. It will give you kind of similar look with Menu widget.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

My idea: when the info button is pressed in the master mashup:

- pass the current selected menu entry to a service or expression (I guess this should be available in the master containing the menu?)

- in the service/expression check the menu entry and return the corresponding info mashup name

- pass the dynamic-info-mashup to the navigate function

- execute navigate function (not quite clear if it works nice with an expression, if there is a similar event like "SeviceInvokeComplete" like for services to trigger the navigate)

Ashritha
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

No need to create separate button for each page.

• In the Master mashup, add container below the menu and add a button named info (for example)
  • store the information along with mashup name in data table
  • Write service to  get information by providing selected mashup name as input 
  • In Master mashup , create navigation ( popup mashup should accept information as mashup parameter to display information)
  • bind the clicked event of info button to trigger the service to get information
  • bind output of service to the information mashup parameter of navigation popup
  • bind service invoke complete event of service to navigate

Hope this Helps !!

Top Tags