cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Modify Login Form

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Modify Login Form

Is it possible to modify TWX Login form with added hyperlinks?

As we know,it provides "Reset" option for password reset (E-mail notification for reset password). Can we add one more option like "Recover Password" hyperlink?

I want to add a functionality of recovering password through some security questions.

Please suggest solutions,if any.

Thanks,

Tarun

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Tarun Nayyar​,

As per my knowledge; such feature is not available in ThingWorx.

All the available options can be check in the organization entity.

I have already checked these but no luck.

I guess there is no way to edit TWX default HTML code of this Login page.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Tarun Nayyar

Do you only want to add your own button like "change password"? Then you create your own logic in the jsp? Or you want also ThingWorx build-in service to implement your request?

if the former, it worth a try to create your own FormLogin.jsp under <TOMCAT_HOME>\webapps\Thingworx\login  if thyou want  to  "Change Password", then you only need add this button i, and then direct ito the same logic to the "reset password" just that it displays as "Change Password" but not "Reset Passwordbut for other functions, you should develop logic of your own in the jsp file.

But this is not 100% sure you could do what you really want finally, just have a try, like Ankit mentioned, what officially provided are all in the Organization General Information page configure, but for other non-out-of-the-box functions, you should try to look at the jsp page and know which Thingworx API could help in the jsp page.

Hope this helps,

Br,

Anna

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:AnnaAn)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to have both options (RESET password and Recover password) on the screen.

"Reset password" functionality is already provided in TWX. Is it possible to create one .JSP code for "Recover Password" and put it on the same path (<TOMCAT_HOME>\webapps\Thingworx\login) similar to "ResetPassword"? or it will break TWX composer?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Tarun Nayyar​,

Just a note; anything breaking due to direct changes in .war file is not supported by PTC.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Dear Tarun Nayyar,

Firstly as Ankit noted, this is out ot box customization so it's out of support scope if you met any issue in future.

At the same time, if you really want to customize you own jsp file it's possible to create your own jsp, say, login.jsp, and author your own logic in it(for example, recover password, but you have to implement the logic yourself as there  is no ready-to-use configuration or function to do it).

1. create login.jsp

2. put login.jsp under <TOMCAT_HOME>\webapps\Thingworx\login\

3. access the jsp file with [http|https]://<IP>:<PORT>/Thingworx/login/login.jsp

Hope this helps,

Br,

Anna

Top Tags