cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Multiple hyperlink URLs in infotable

imsuneaik
11-Garnet

Multiple hyperlink URLs in infotable

Hi everyone, 

I am creating a mashup that allows users key in their personal records and to upload multiple files via file repository. These data will be recorded into an infotable where another mashup will be generated to display all the records. I have created a column to allow download the files that have been uploaded previously and render it in hyperlink format. 

In order to get the download link

Full path (one document uploaded) :
"http://localhost/thingworx/FileRepositories/CustomFileRepository/A.jpg"

Full path (multiple documents uploaded) : "http://localhost/thingworx/FileRepositories/CustomFileRepository/A.jpg | B.jpg | C.jpg"

The multiple files uploaded are seperated by " | ". Download link in infotable works for a single document, however problem will arise when multiple files are uploaded

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:imsuneaik)

How about showing those in a grid separate from the main information?

Then you can retrieve all the files and links into an infotable into an grid.

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried your method by separating it: used get file listings with link for my custom repository. It is able to display the file uploads on the same root folder eg. /FileRepository/Example.jpg but not when a path is added before the upload eg. /FileRepository/Folder1/Example.jpg. 

The full file string received was /FileRepository/Folder1/Example.jpg | Example2.jpg | Example3.jpg when multiple files are being uploaded into the same path folder. Please advice. Thank you. 

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried your method by separating it: used get file listings with link for my custom repository. It is able to display the file uploads on the same root folder eg. /FileRepository/Example.jpg but not when a path is added before the upload eg. /FileRepository/Folder1/Example.jpg. 

The full file string received was /FileRepository/Folder1/Example.jpg | Example2.jpg | Example3.jpg when multiple files are being uploaded into the same path folder. Please advice. Thank you. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:imsuneaik)

If the request is for multiple files, then you would need to parse that request and make it separate downloads, should be able to parse out the path and the file name(s) and then fire the link multiple times with the different urls

Top Tags