cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Navigate to another mashup by clicking on a map marker

oschenk
1-Newbie

Navigate to another mashup by clicking on a map marker

I've been playing a bit with Thingworx to see what it is capable of.

Lets say I have a mashup called "Sites" which is an OpenStreet map showing a number of markers. These markers are generated through a service that returns an InfoTable which has DataShape parameters "SiteID" and "Location".

Lets say I then have a mashup called "Site" which is a Thing Template mashup with a dynamic entity name. This would be like a site detail page and should show the site selected in the "Sites" mashup.

I'm struggling to:

a) Figure out how to navigate to another mashup by clicking on a map marker.

b) Figure out how to pass the "SiteID" field from the selected marker that has been clicked to the mashup being navigated to.

c) How to pass the SiteID to a mashup parameter and how to bind this to an "Entity"

Thanks,

Oliver

6 REPLIES 6

a) --> With Navigator Widget, you should set the Site Mashup there, that mashup should have a parameter SiteId

b) --> The service you call ( right side of mashup builder ) to return the Infotable with the markers, has a Selected Row part, there you must bind the selected SiteId to the previous Navigator Widget > SiteId parameter

C) --> I think it's answered on a/b or I don't understand the question.

hi carol,

I have the same use case what u have answered above

i got my locations which has (location, siteid)  as a infotable from a service . i mapped them on to the google map

my use case is when i click on the location it has to redirect to the another mashup corresponding to that location

what i have done so far i created a site mashup and declared parameter siteid ,

On the main mashup i used navigation widget and in the properties of this widget i mentioned the mashuplink as site mashup

the parameters of the site mashup has been exposed as well in the navigation widget

please  help  me how can i Navigate to another mashup by clicking on a map marker with my above developments...

On the right side from mashup builder, where you have the service that fills the map, you have a "SelectedRowsChanged" event, with this event you can trigger the Navigator "Navigate" service

can you please help me with an short example

Am new and wanted to learn this functionalities

It would be a great help

hi carles,

I have tried the way u asked me to do, binding the "SelectedRowsChanged" event, with this event you can trigger the Navigator "Navigate" service

But it is navigating to the same mashup (which i mentioned in the  "navigation widget properties mashup link")when i clicked any of my locations on the map

If you want different mashups to load no navigation, you should bind to the mashupName property on the Navigation widget, if you want to load a different SiteId on the loaded mashup, then you should bind (once you assigned the mashup name to the Navigation widget) the SiteId to the new property that will appear on the Navigator Widget when you assign the Mashup Name.

Top Tags