cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Navigate to another mashups by clicking on markers on Google Map widget.

bkanipakam-2
4-Participant

Navigate to another mashups by clicking on markers on Google Map widget.

Hello all,

I am trying to work with the Google map widget. I have 20 locations(say Loc_1- Loc_20). Out of 20locations I am pointing 10 in my map to showcase some emergency alerts. I have 20 mashups (mashup1-mashup20) as well for the corresponding locations data. I am able to redirect to the mashup by clicking on the marker on the map.

So, I am facing an issue here. When i am clicking on any marker its redirecting to the same mashup. I am wondering How we can actually bind the location to respective mashup(example: Loc_1 to Mashup1, Loc2 to Mashup2................etc). so that if i click on loc1 it should redirect to mashup1 & if i click on loc2 it should redirect to mashup2.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Babu Yogesh,

Dell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bkanipakam-2)

Hi babu yogesh kanipakam​,

I have written following article for this scenario. Please check the same if it helps:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS249997&lang=en_US

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Adding image for more detailed description

TW community.png

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

I have written following article for this scenario. Please check the same if it helps:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS249997&lang=en_US

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for your reply. Your have made my job much easier. But can you please tell me from where we can get the QueryDataTableEntries. ​I am not able to find the service you have mentioned.

Best Regards,

Babu Yogesh

Babu,QueryDataTableEntries is a default service for the Data Table entities. You should find it in any entity created inheriting the Data Table Thing Template.

If Ankit's response helped resolve your issue, you should consider marking it as correct so that more community members can easily find the solution to this question. Thanks!

Hello Ankit,

I have created a DataTable using the DataShape and I have mapped to the mashup as you have mentioned in your blog.But I am not able to see my pointers in the mashup.

My service gives the following result.

I am using late-long to point the location, yellow/red to vary the color of the pointer and home 1004... represents the unique id of each(say primary key) and as known mashup name is for redirecting mashups. If possible can you give me an idea how to proceed further.

ServiceSS.png

Best Regards,

Yogesh

Dell

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Is the ShowMarkers property true in the Google map widget?

Ankit,

The following are the mappings I have done. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have a Thing called H_Details in which I have written a service that gives the result which I have mentioned in earlier post. And I have a question here, How data will be coming to the DataTable if we just use the DataShape in the configuration of the DataTable. How the data will be fed to the DataTable, if we are not giving any input.  As per my understanding, If we map a service output(All data) to the google map then it will display the pointers if we invoked the service. Is it possible to get the data to the DataTable without invoking the service?

Previously I have mapped the above service output to the GoogleMap and then I can see the pointers as shown in the first post. Using the double click option I used to redirect to a mashup using the navigator widget.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Yogesh,

Dell

community1.pngcommunity2.pngcommunity3.png

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Did you select the "Mashup Loaded?" option while adding the Service which gives to make sure the service is called when the Mashup is loaded to be fed to the Google Map? You can simply check this by adding a grid to your mashup to see if the grid shows all the data on Mashup load.

In my example; I am reading data from the DataTable entity. If you already have a service which has location and Mashup data; you can skip steps 1 to 3 and use your own service instead of QueryDataTableEntries service.

Hello Ankit et al,

Thank you so much for your help. The issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Babu Yogesh,

Dell

If the issue is resolved by one of these comments, you may want to consider marking it correct so other people can find the answer if they have similar problems.

Hello All,

I have done the mashup that will redirect to the other links(to other web pages as well like www.google.com/facebook.com/thingworx.com) with your help.

Now, Is it possible to add a search bar to the Mashup? Like If I want to highlight all red pointers in a map by entering text red in the text widget(or any other widget is also fine), and yellow pointers highlighted When i enter the yellow in the search bar.

And If I enter any one of my field value mentioned above in the service output, it should highlight the pointer. For example, if I enter 1008 it should highlight the pointer in that corresponding location.

Best Regards,

Yogesh,

Dell

Top Tags