cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Neither DeleteStreamEntry nor GetStreamEntry is working

bmillice
4-Participant

Neither DeleteStreamEntry nor GetStreamEntry is working

Hello,

I have a stream with many data values in it, and the key value of the datashape is a field called "ID".  ID is a string, as is the field "id".

As it turns out, neither the ID nor the id field will work as the parameter for GetStreamEntry or DeleteStreamEntry.

Example, here is a stream entry (showing both the ID and id fields):

bmillice_0-1647045866661.png

bmillice_1-1647045909118.png

And yet, when I execute "GetStreamEntry" with either of these as the ID, nothing is returned:

bmillice_2-1647046011953.png

bmillice_3-1647046111601.png

Does anyone have any ideas?  This is driving me crazy!

3 REPLIES 3
knagata
14-Alexandrite
(To:bmillice)

Hello,

According the images, nothing is returned because the value specified for "streamEntryId" was a Data entry from a DataShape. The value specified should be a Stream Entry.

When the service "GetStreamEntries" is executed, only the Stream entries are output. See the field "id" for streamEntryID.
I have tested using Stream ID and DeleteStreamEntry and GetStreamEntry are working perfectly.

bmillice
4-Participant
(To:knagata)

knagata, thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "was a Data entry from a DataShape".  The value specified for streamEntryID is in fact the actual StreamID.  You said "see the field id for streamEntryID" - that is exactly why I posted the screenshot showing the field "id". The id of the stream entry is 45862616.  The other field is called "ID" and I was just showing you that neither id nor ID was working.

VladimirRosu
19-Tanzanite
(To:knagata)

Just for sanity, and excuse the question if it's silly, have you made sure there aren't any spaces at the beginning and end of the ID? Saw this many times with data I copy from composer and use in service.

Top Tags