cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Nested filter with data filter widget

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone

Nested filter with data filter widget

Dear community,

I am uncertain about the capabilities of the data filter widget. The "ShowAdvancedOptions" flag lets me choose between "And" and "Or" but only on top level, no nested filters possible.

bbeuckSIG_0-1606209295513.png

In this example I would like to query

Timestamp greater than <date> AND

(

EventId = 40 OR
  EventId = 99

)

I know that this is possible using code but having this option also available for the widget would be very convenient.

If this is not possible, what is the best workaround?

Used version is 8.4.4 if that is important by any means.

Thank you
Benny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anarwal
12-Amethyst
(To:bbeuckSIG)

@bbeuckSIG , I think such nested query can only be possible with service only.

Regards

Ankur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
anarwal
12-Amethyst

@bbeuckSIG , I think such nested query can only be possible with service only.

Regards

Ankur

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:anarwal)

Hi Ankur ( @anarwal ),

that's a pity. Thanks for your reply.

Benny

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone

If anyone ever comes across this, here is my workaround.

Very often I use the DataTableEditor Mashup as it is the default for DataTables. I created a new ThingTemplate (let's say DataTableExt) deriving from DataTable and also a copy of DataTableEditor (DataTableEditorExt).

• DataTableEditorExt has some additional widgets, including a text area to show the filter code. Whenever the data filter widget changes its value it updates the text area but it can also be modified manually. The text area is the actual input for the query Service.
  • DataTableExt has some additional Services, including "QueryToString" (data filter to text area) and "QueryDataTableEntriesString" which accepts a String instead of a query. This Service replaced the original QueryDataTableEntries in the mashup and is the source for the grid.

Unfortunately I cannot attach the entities since they contain company related names. But I am happy to answer questions if there will ever be one.

Regards
Benny

Top Tags