cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Nested infotables not working with selection

dvddhln
6-Contributor

Nested infotables not working with selection

Hello,

Lets say you want to have to grids. And you have infotable which has a field containing another infotable and you want to display the nested infotable in the first grid and have the selection presented in the second grid. Is this even possible? I am having trouble getting the selection working from the first grid and I am suspecting the selection of nested infotables is not working. 

However when I try displaying the "root" infotable in the first grid, the selection event occurs and the second grid displays the selection. Hope I make myself clear. I am on platform version 8.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dvddhln)

The way you describe it in the second part is the standard way of doing it.

You can't just directly jump to the second infotable to display, because it needs to know from which row.

There are some widgets now, like the TreeTable (check Marketplace) that can do the embedded infotable display.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dvddhln)

The way you describe it in the second part is the standard way of doing it.

You can't just directly jump to the second infotable to display, because it needs to know from which row.

There are some widgets now, like the TreeTable (check Marketplace) that can do the embedded infotable display.

Top Tags