cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

NetworkThing Security

jhutson
1-Newbie

NetworkThing Security

Hi All,

Is there a way to dynamically alter a network at runtime based upon a users security access?

I have a network that currently contains 2 things (for testing purposes). I have also created a new user that has very basic security access. the test user has full access to one of the 2 things, but no access to the other...

is there a script snippet that could check to see if a user has read access to a thing? e.g., if the user can read the thing properties, then add it to the tree, otherwise omit that entry and move on to the next? Currently my script fails as soon as it sees a Thing which it cannot read the property values.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
paic
1-Newbie
(To:jhutson)

HI James,

almost everything that you do in the Composer can be done through Services/REST API

In these types of scenarios with full restriction I would actually use Visibillity, but each Entity will allow you to pull what permissions are applied to it and what Visibillity is applied to it.

From a user perspective you can pull the groups and units.

Top Tags